Graduate Community Engagement Officer
About Gilgandra Shire Council
Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
This position will be offered for a fixed term of 6 months and the successful applicant will be responsible for the way Council engages and communicates with the community.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to WHS issue
- Current drivers licence class
- Minimum 2 years work related experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, media and public relations, marketing, community development or equivalent
- Excellent level of oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess an enthusiastic self motivated attitude with a helpful disposition
- Demonstrated time management skills including the ability to set project priorities and establish activity / project outcomes to achieve set and agreed departmental goals;
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide accurate timely advice in a helpful and supportive manner.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and actively participate as a team member to ensure a cohesive approach to achieving team and Corporate objectives;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to apply a high level of knowledge and skills to achieve results in line with set goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of or the ability to implement community engagement strategies
- Experience in dealing with the media
- Ability to build relationships, seek input, and negotiate with a wide cross section of Community, Council, and other Government stakeholders
- Working knowledge of government operations, structure and services, programs, policies
- Experience with Graphic Design
Salary: $1266.08 - $1519.29
Closing date: 9:00am, 1 April 2019
Enquiries: Director Corporate Services, Mr Neil Alchin, or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
Please click here to view the full Position Description
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND BE PREPARED WITH YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD WHEN YOU COMMENCE THE PROCESS.