Administration Officer - Casual
About Gilgandra Shire Council
Gilgandra is a vibrant rural community in Central West NSW, situated at the junction of three main highways and in close proximity to Dubbo. There is a strong supportive community that has worked together to develop excellent schools, medical services, retail services and recreational activities that you simply do not see in communities of a similar size.
Gilgandra presents you with an opportunity to have an excellent lifestyle you may not be able to afford in the city.
About the position
To provide direct support in ensuring administrative functions of Council. appropriate to the position, are completed in an efficient manner within time constraints and in accordance with legislative requirements..
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Certificate III in Business Administration (or equivalent)
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (Excel and Word)
- One year work related experience
- Strong organisational skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritise projects with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to WH&S
- Certificate IV in Business Administration (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to accurately record meeting minutes
- Experience with cash handling
- Experience with records management
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
Salary: $35.25 per hour
Enquiries: Neil Alchin, Director Corporate Services or the HR Department on 02 6817 8800
How to apply:
Before you apply for this position, please read the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position. You will be required to answer questions that relate to the criteria on the online application below. You will also be required to attach your current resume which should include two recent employment related referees. Please note that you cannot submit your application without attaching your resume. Council will only accept applications submitted online. Please include in your resume, evidence of qualifications that you possess.
Please click here to view the full Position Description
All correspondence will be via the email you have provided in your application.
Should you be shortlisted for interview, and are then selected to progress to the next stage following interview, you may be required to undergo the following pre-employment screening process as part of the selection process:
- A functional assessment (at Council's expense) including hearing and drug and alcohol testing
- Reference checks from your 2 work related referees
- Criminal Record Check
- Any other additional screening that may be relevant to the role
- Council will check the authenticity of certificates and qualification
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU START TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION, YOU CANNOT SAVE IT AND RETURN TO IT LATER. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND BE PREPARED WITH YOUR RESUME READY TO UPLOAD WHEN YOU COMMENCE THE PROCESS.